So I have one recurring complaint every year: November is the month filled with all the cool challenges like NaNoWriMo and PiBoIdMo, etc, etc. It is ALSO the height of rush season at work and the most likely time I have to put in overtime and cut back on artwork time. So I'm initiating an art challenge for myself and anyone who also wants to particpate can join in: February Faces! Draw one face every day for the entire month. Big faces, small faces, stick faces, ALL faces!
To get the creative juices flowing, here are some starter ideas:
- Draw adults
- draw children (and beef up your children's illustration portfolio)
- draw animal faces
- draw inanimate objects with faces
- Look at people in a public place for 10 seconds then look away and draw them, making up the stuff you can't remember
- Take a page from the previous post from Suzy Engleman Block and draw many cat faces
- faces you see in clouds or other abstract patterns
- faces built of simple shapes
- for those commuters, look at the backs of the cars on the road and figure out what personalities these cars would have then create a character with that personality.
I will be posting my sketches on my personal blog every day and I hope other people join in and post their sketches on their blogs too!
UPDATE: I updated the logo because the pixelation was bothering me and I also forgot to put my hashtag for this event when I share on twitter: #FebruaryFaces